Do you want to increase your Alexa Rank? Here are the best tips to increase the Alexa Rank of your blog. Ok, but why should you care about Alexa rank? You have to care about Alexa Rank, if you are a webmaster or a blogger. Let me 1st explain you what Alexa rank actually is.
Alexa is a web information company owned by Amazon.com that rank websites based on theirs traffic status and publish the reports in the form of Alexa Rank. Alexa accumulates data from all over the Internet via its Alexa Toolbar installed in millions of computer to rank Websites or Blogs. To show the rank of a website or blog it provides a widget to install in on your website and Toolbar to install in your web browser. One can also get information about any website/blog’s traffic data, global and local rankings.
Now what is the importance of Alexa rank? Alexa rank has the great importance for Webmasters. Because Alexa rank is the easiest way to judge about the traffic of a blog or website. Besides this, Alexa rank has a great importance for advertising purpose. Advertisers mainly check the Alexa rank first to advertise on a blog/website. For example, BuySellAds (BSA) approves only if you have a good Alexa rank, say below 100k.
So, let’s increase your Alexa rank by using some common and easy steps. Here are the best tips to increase the Alexa Rank of your blog.
1. Claim Your Site: Gain full control over your site by claiming your site on Alexa.com. By claiming your site on Alexa you are placing the Alexa ID inside header portion of your site giving better access to Alexa. Your country, site description and your profile are the most important parts. It will actually help you in increasing your Site’s Rank.
2. Use of Alexa Toolbar: Install the Alexa Toolbar. It is the first and foremost requirement. At this moment, Alexa has the toolbar for IE, Google Chrome and Firefox only.
3. Use of Alexa Widget: Although Alexa does not verify it officially; many webmasters believe that Placing Alexa Rank Widget increases the Alexa rank.
4. Reviews and Ratings: One should try to increase reviews and ratings for his Alexa website profile. You may ask your regular readers for rating or writing a review on your site. Visitors or non webmasters may easily log in to Alexa using their Facebook user id to write a review.
5. Consistent and Quality Contents: Alexa rank improves if you consistently update your blog with good quality contents. Following points are very much essential-
a) Make sure that all out going or internal links open in new tab. This reduces the site bounce rate and increase the time spent by visitors on the site.
b) Make sure that your articles are useful and based on real life experience which force your visitors share them and link to them, awarding a good reputation.
6) Webmaster Forums Posting: Webmaster Forums are full of webmasters and bloggers. They are technically sound and well aware of Alexa rank. So by putting your site links in that forum you will receive high quality back links and also highest probability of browsing your site in Alexa Toolbar enabled browser resulting increment of your Alexa Rank.
These tips will definitely helps in improving Alexa Rank quickly.
Get Regular Updates, Its FREE!